Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bricking up an external door

On 05/10/2010 16:43, Martin Bonner wrote:

Cavity wall insulation didn't become required until the 70's, which is
hardly "very old". In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority
of our housing stock predates cavity wall insulation.

I'm sure you're right. That doesn't necessarily mean that the majority
of the housing stock is *still* uninsulated because a hell of a lot of
cavities have been filled retrospectively (and not just by dentists). g
--
Cheers,
Roger