Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

Rick Cavallaro wrote:
On Oct 5, 3:37 am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
When I test drove a jaguar, I did a full emergency stop from 130mph.
Took nearly a mile.

Wow - that's truly atrocious! Were you sleeping at the time? I
guarantee I could do that in 1/4th that distance without waking my
passenger in my old Mazda. Based on this data point it's pretty hard
to take this following claim of yours seriously:

Ok a bit of an exagerration, but its 6 seconds of full braking, and you
travel a LOT further than two chevrons in that time.

Its about 1/10th of a mile I guess.

Your jaguars, porsches, and to an extent beemers and mercs will do a bit
better, as will some of the better hot hatches.