Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Aldi torque wrench - likely to be any good?

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
: Spamlet wrote:
:
: Well worth using a torque wrench so long as you make sure to
set the gauge
: properly, and, if in doubt, pull it with a spring balance
just to make sure.
:
: And check, check, check that you have the correct torque. I
checked the
: wheel hub to knuckle torque settings for my car several times,
used a
: torque wrench and ... broke the bolt because some numpty had
added 70NM
: to the correct torque setting when they wrote the service
manual[1].
:
: I found the correct torque setting of 100NM on line.
:

Well that is what come of some numpty idiot messing with what
they do not understand, any experienced mechanic would spotted
the error when either checking the manual or by the 'feel' when
applying the torque...