Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default 1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?

On Oct 4, 11:24*am, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:52:41 -0500, Leon wrote:
I personally have and like the bigger Triton router, PC, and DeWalt have
valid offerings in this catagory also.

I especially like my DeWalt because the body doesn't rotate as it is
raised or lowered. *That means the on/off switch is always in the same
place. *That's not true of some others in looked at.

The PC 690's switch doesn't move; the base moves. ;-) I have the "D"
handle base so it's even better in this regard. The switch is always
under the index finger. I don't use it in a table, though.

It also has a little slop built into the screws that fasten the base on,
this allowing for centering adjustment. *And a centering bit is
included. *Not so important for table use, but nice for hand held.

BTW, I remember the smaller Triton getting better reviews than the
larger, but that was probably six models back.

And to the OP, ignore the horsepower ratings. Check the amps instead. *
For example, I know of 3 mini-lathes with the same amperage and 3
different horsepower ratings :-).

Amps are only slightly more meaningful than the obviously bogus HP
ratings. Customer feedback is a better gauge, IMO.