Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Disobedience

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 01:29:56 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 07:45:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
. ..
I'm scheduled for a device check tomorrow, where they interrogate my
ICD (implanted cardiac defibrilllator) by radio for event history over
the past 3 months.

Tonight I did some MIG welding, strictly prohibited or at least
strongly discouraged, but I know I can get away with it so I do it
whenever I bloody well feel like doing it.

Got good welds, really nice. Maybe pix later,or not. Not done yet.
Be interesting to see if that activity shows up on tomorrow's scan.
They sure know if and when I'm doing my 3 miles every day. Some days
are a grunt, others are easier. Gettin' old is not for pussies.

Please do write back on the results. I am interested, and will put them in
my blog. I am going to vote that they don't affect your device, or you'd be
laying on the floor doing a clam imitation.

Steve

The radio scan of my ICD showed no notable events. It said that the
pacemaker function had operated less than 1% of the time, and I was
told that they do differentiate between zero and less than 1%. So it
looks like the device is occasionally doing something useful.

That's good. You don't notice it but it's helping keep your heart on.

I finished up my little MIG welding project this evening. It's a very
piddly project but I made something I can't buy at Home Depot and
that's exactly why I wanted to be able to continue welding if I could
after ICD implant. After welding, it was in the zinc-plating bucket
for an hour so I don't think it'll rust out this lifetime.

It's too trivial to post photos of. It's a cross-bracket that will
perch on the end of a 2x4 to support a ridgepole 2x4 to tarp my boat
since the ****s, twits and pricks at city hall this summer outlawed

I had some fun with the Vista, CA city hall folks. A well-known-
to-the-city-heads contractor bought the top of the hill I lived on. He
wanted me to GIVE him a 3-12' strip of land to him for the road. I
countered "Fine, but I'd like you to install the sidewalk and curbs,
and hook me up to the sewer when it goes through." He didn't want to
spend any more money so he ended up hooking to sewer on the other side
of the hill, which cost him at least as much as what I'd asked for.
When I didn't just give the contractor the land, he soiled my with the
****ty heads. When I went to sell my house, the classification was
reviewed. It went from density 5 to density 3 (gotta have driveways
and parking lot). And sewer went up from $50/foot to $100/ft, making
it $43,000 for my lot alone. Everything else was on sewer, with the
condos below me overfilling theirs already.

During the building of the apartments above me, they "accidentally"
allowed a water diversion sandbag to move. It flooded my back yard
with muddy water. I had two inches of mud on my back patio, all the
way to the house. The contractor came and cleaned up the mess, but
the damage was done. When I went to sell the house, I found tha
damage. Enough solids from the mud had gone under the house to fill
up most of the crawlspace under about half the house. Earth touching
the subframe, $6,000 termite infestation having to be taken off the
price of the house, which was down to just 64% of what the realtor
promised after the ****ty officials had had their way with me.

I hope cullers don't miss those types in the purge, don't you?

I don't want to get the clipboard clits focussed on him, we're
neighbors and friends.

I'll find a way to shelter my boat, and he'd
gladly spend a weekend day helping me do that if I asked.

Some nice orange and green corrugated fiberglass roofing, alternating
colors, would sure make them wish you'd put your tarp back up,
wouldn't it? Clear it with your neighbors first. wink

I'd have suggested red and yellow (mex hot dog stand) but I haven't
seen those bright colors in glass recently.

http://www.fiberrxel.in/roof_sheeting.htm I guess they do exist.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.