Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

"Adrian" wrote in message
Rick Cavallaro gurgled happily, sounding much like

A quick google for high speed stopping distances found this -
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/pdf/Spee...gDistances.pdf

Rick will dismiss that, it states the stopping distances as..

Initial speed (mph) 140 100 70
Braking Distance (m) 230 118 58

Which just happens to be agree with what I said and he called me stupid for
saying it.
Nothing that proves he is wrong will be listened too.
He will lie about it and claim it is wrong or just plain ignore it and start
a new diversionary tactic.

Of course anyone that knows physics will see the energy equations sitting
there telling you what happened.

Anyway here is a good one to test ones brain regarding energies (nothing to
do with brakes)..

If a car travelling at 100 mph hits an immovable object (say a bridge
buttress) is that worse than two identical cars hitting each other head on
at 50 mph each?

How about the same car hitting the immovable object at 50 mph?