Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,misc.consumers.house
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default owning propane tanks in New Hampshire

On 5 Oct 2010 01:06:07 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

In article , (Ron Rosenfeld) writes:

| I see no one has answered your question.

| I own a buried propane tank
| in NH, but I did not do the installation. It was done years ago and,
| although the propane company thought they owned it, they did not have
| any documentation. Since I did not want to pay the yearly rental, as
| I would be using far less than one tank full per year, they decided to
| just transfer ownership to me.

Lucky you.

| The tank was originally used to fuel a 400,000 btu heater for an
| inground pool. However, we do not use the pool or the heater. I use
| it solely to fuel a backup generator. Unless we have a long power
| outage (which does occur some years), my annual usage is minimal.

I expect heavy usage--it's a big old house and my plans to insulate
will take a while to implement. I'm also getting a generator (thinking
of a Kohler 15RES) but I don't have any experience with power reliability
in the area.

If I had heavy enough usage that the rental would not have been an
issue, I would have had them own it.