Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Get out of my shower!"

On 10/4/2010 8:37 PM, HeyBub wrote:
From the Wall Street Journal:

"In May, the DOE stunned the plumbing-products industry when it said it
would adopt a strict definition of the term 'showerhead' in enforcing
standards that have been on the books—but largely unenforced—for nearly 20
years."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...611463490.html

So much for the dude selling shower heads at up to $5,500 (24" in diameter,
365 nozzles).

2.5 gallons per minute at 80psi, interesting since most water pressure
regulators for homes and business are factory adjusted to 50psi which
I do believe would deliver a lot less water. I always remove the little
restrictor in a new shower head. I even have one I take with me when I
travel along with the tools to change the shower head in the motel room.

TDD