Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default OT (kinda) - Hardi Panel Siding w/o sheeting

If this shed will see the kind of abuse mine does I'd use sheathing...
it will prevent busting the siding if there are errant impacts from the
inside. From my experience with the siding, I think it would hold up to
moderate impacts from the outside because the studs would support it
pretty well if on 16" centers.

Maybe I got the super-uber-strength Hardiboard or something, but this
stuff is as strong as your typical 3 or 4 ply low grade 1/4" plywood. I
would put in up against 1/4" ply on a hammer test, any day.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--