Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?

In article , says...

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:52:41 -0500, Leon wrote:

I personally have and like the bigger Triton router, PC, and DeWalt have
valid offerings in this catagory also.

I especially like my DeWalt because the body doesn't rotate as it is
raised or lowered. That means the on/off switch is always in the same
place. That's not true of some others in looked at.

This is true for all plunge routers that I have seen.

It also has a little slop built into the screws that fasten the base on,
this allowing for centering adjustment. And a centering bit is
included. Not so important for table use, but nice for hand held.

BTW, I remember the smaller Triton getting better reviews than the
larger, but that was probably six models back.

And to the OP, ignore the horsepower ratings. Check the amps instead.
For example, I know of 3 mini-lathes with the same amperage and 3
different horsepower ratings :-).