Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If you like your Kerfmaster....

In article ,
says...

On 10/4/10 9:24 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
To some it seems to be a common thought that it is OK to remove excess glue
by squeezing the bejesus out of a panel glue up, which it is. But for some
reason there is the belief of excess glue being removed from a joint by the
sliding and scraping motion during assembly will starve the joint.

In the one case it's being forced into the grain, in the other it's
being scraped off.

Not correct. Leon is correct. You cannot force (carpenters) glue into
the grain of wood. It goes in as far as it goes and that's it.

Of course you can. There is porosity there, apply pressure and the glue
goes into the pores.

I remember reading and being amazed at how little glue is actually
needed to bond wood together. I also remember in the same article that
it mentioned if *any* glue was soaked into the grain, it was *enough*
glue. Meaning, if you put a thin layer of glue on and it gets wiped off
the surface, you're ok.

I remember reading a lot of stuff. The fact that you read something
doesn't make it true. Don't believe me, read "Mein Kampf".