Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Table Saws, plus....

On 10/4/2010 9:17 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In articleh9Gdncxe5JZCSTTRnZ2dnUVZ5qqdnZ2d@giganews. com, lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...
How do you measure return? We already have data to tell us how to teach for
the best return. Look back to when we were less dissatisfied in the results
in our educational system, use that method again.
Dumbing down the system so that every one is accepted, dumbs down the
country as a whole. The education system that was turning out rocket
scientists back in the 50's and 60's seemed to work the best IMHO.

Except that it wasn't turning out rocket scientists, it was turning out
Hippies. You have to go back to WWII or before to find a system that
was turning out rocket scientists.

The big problem is that we have this attitude that _everybody_, no
matter how _stupid_ they are, has to graduate from high school, so high
school doesn't mean anything anymore.

No child left behind is ridiculous. Not all dumb kids can be made smarter
but all smart kids can be made to be dumber.

Yep. I'm fine with the notion of educating everyone to the limit of his
abilities, but not with the notion that everybody can or should be
educated to the same level.

Hooray for everybody!

--
Repeat after me:
"I am we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it."