Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight Reviews (Y2K computer code)

From what I know, the only problem was subtracting dates. I wonder how
much would have been a problem, even with no correction. Sounds like
more trouble than I would have expected.

I'm not enough of a computer guy to know for sure. My prediction in
1999 was that we'd have about a week of glitches and rolling black
outs and other problems. I'm glad we didn't have even that much
trouble.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Edward Reid" wrote in message

So, people who say "January 1, 2000 wasn't a big deal, why did we
spend all that money" are wrong. January 1, 2000 wasn't a big deal
*because* we spent all that money. Without the remediation effort, the
human world, the first world anyway, would pretty much have come to a
stop that day.

Edward