Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default 1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?

"KIMOSABE" wrote in message
I'm going to build a router table. I've already rounded up the T
Track, insert, plexiglass guard, etc.

It occurred to me that it might be time for me to get a 1/2" router.

Any special features it should have, or not have? I think I'd leave
it in the table and do any freehand routing with a quarter inch
router, which I already have.

Any suggestions as to some good choices would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless of brand you will get the most bang for your buck if you buy a
router that is easily adjusted and affords bit removal from above the table
WITH OUT involving a 3rd party lift mechanism.

I personally have and like the bigger Triton router, PC, and DeWalt have
valid offerings in this catagory also.