Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Suspension Experts ??

Karl Townsend wrote:
I'd settle for a set of sketches of the geometry ... the budget on
this one is "do it yourself or you can't afford it" .
We've decided to sell her Kawasaki since she's just not all that
hot on leaning into turns , and my budget is whatever I can get for
it . Probably somewhere in the $700-$900 range - which will buy the
materials (I hope !) .

If you're rolling yer own...

Can you start with a shaft drive bike? (That would not be the Honda
750, its chain drive) Then take the smallest rear wheel drive car you
can find for drive and suspension parts.

I've seen a few people that can just do this. For most it would be a
nightmare to design.

Karl

Well , the thing is that I already have the CB750 , and it's paid for .
Got some ideas for casting a housing for the diff out of aluminum I have on
hand ... start with a lost-foam casting , or maybe make a wood pattern that
I can alter for offset depth to accomodate the sprocket , since it's
off-center . Might be able to incorporate a single 4-pot caliper on the diff
housing , that'd simplify things a lot too .
Ideas , ideas , streaming thru my head ... I had a hard time getting to
sleep last night .
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist