Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?

Robatoy wrote in news:04c9c2e2-a427-49e3-8231-
:

On Oct 3, 9:32*pm, Robatoy wrote:

Ditto on the Milwaukee. Any of them 'cept the 1-3/4 HP model.
Give that Ridgid a look. I'm quite happy with mine. Good value.

This Ridgid:
http://www.ridgid.com/Router/index.html

I've got a Ridgid as well. I'm plenty happy with it, especially with the
reasonably long power cord. There's two LEDs mounted just above the bit
that are a really nice feature. FWIW, the fixed base does dust
collection well, while the plunge base does not do it as well.

The fixed base has a hole for a handle in case you decide to mount it in
a table. It's to allow height adjustments above the table. I have not
mounted my router in a table, so I don't know how well it works.

Puckdropper