Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default 1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?

On Oct 3, 9:32*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 3, 6:43*pm, KIMOSABE wrote:

I'm going to build a router table. *I've already rounded up the T
Track, insert, plexiglass guard, etc.

It occurred to me that it might be time for me to get a 1/2" router.

Any special features it should have, or not have? *I think I'd leave
it in the table and do any freehand routing with a quarter inch
router, which I already have.

Any suggestions as to some good choices would be greatly appreciated.

Ditto on the Milwaukee. Any of them 'cept the 1-3/4 HP model.
Give that Ridgid a look. I'm quite happy with mine. Good value.

This Ridgid:
http://www.ridgid.com/Router/index.html