Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Suspension Experts ??

On 10/03/2010 04:00 PM, Snag wrote:
Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 08:06:22 -0500
wrote:

snip
I'm debating building a trike rear end
to put on an older Honda CB750...

Have you considered a trike front end? In my eyes this would be a
simpler task. I think it was Wes who took a picture of one several
years ago. It was an older motorcycle, like a 750. He might still
have the picture around somewhere. Pretty sure I saved it too, but
where on the hard drive is the question I'll go searching for it
(picture) if you want to pursue this idea.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

I'm assuming you mean two wheels up front and single rear drive wheel ?
There's a fairly new production unit , the Trans-Am Spyder with that setup .
I've heard that setup handles better than the two-in-the-rear trikes , but
they still look funny to me ... however , that is a consideration , and I
might just have to drag her out the the Spyder dealer here to see what she
thinks .
It would be a lot easier that way , without drive components complicating
things . If you can find that snapshot I'd appreciate it ! My reply-to is
good ...

My understanding is that two in front is much more stable than two in
back. The Morgan Trike and it's brethren were winning car races back in
the late '20's, until they were outlawed for not having enough wheels.

With two in back, she'll love you until she finds herself under a
motorcycle. You don't want that.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services