Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Small bathroom project

On Oct 3, 1:44*pm, Steve Turner
wrote:
On 10/3/2010 12:38 PM, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 3, 1:00 pm, *wrote:

I forgot to post the link to the cabinet above the toilet:http://tinyurl.com/2fgt2c5

Hmmm, code requires a toilet have 15" clearance from the centerline on
each side. *Judging from the floor tile in that picture - I'm assuming
they're the standard 12" tile - it looks more like 24" overall. *Is it
really that tight?

Do you know _why_ the code calls for 15" clearance on either side? *I'm not
calling the code into question, I'm just wondering what the reason is.

--
See Nad. *See Nad go. *Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

I would imagine that there are a number of possible reasons, but the
one that would be most likely to influence me would be allowing enough
room to reach around back and not have your elbow hit the wall. Or
maybe they just took a spin on the arbitrary code wheel and it came up
lucky 15.