Posted to alt.home.repair

Default necessary to sheetrock ceiling first?

On Oct 3, 9:24*am, Mikepier wrote:
I am working to re-finish my basement. It is presently finished but it
is dated with old paneling and 1x1 ceiling tiles.
I would like to work in stages rather than disrupt the whole basement
so I can work at my own pace and still have the kids, family use the
rest of the basement.
I want to do the walls first,frame around some ductwork, then
sheetrock the ceiling later when I'm ready. I know they say sheetrock
the ceiling first, but is there any problem if I do it after I
sheetrock the walls?

do the cieling in something easily removable like tile etc.

basement cieling access is a necessary part of life and if there are
ANY electric outlets, work boxes or other electric devices up there
they must be accessible.
you see a funky spoot on cieling after job is complete. its nice to be
able to just take down a couple tiles to find out whats up.