Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default GE stops making its iconic bulb in the U.S.

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

" wrote in
:

That's why we bought one. SWMBO has a number of titles for which
there is no DVD.

I believe there are places that transfer tapes to DVDs.
you get a better life out of a DVD,I believe,because tape suffers from
print-thru,each play degrades it a little bit,it accumulates over time.
since this is for personal use,you don't have any copyright violations.

there are even VCR/DVD recorder/players,that can do the transfer.

For personal use, yes, I think you can do the transfer yourself if you
can get past the copy protection scheme. But as far as hiring a service
provider to do it, I don't think so. I have a friend who owns a video
transfer service, and he legally has to limit it to home movies.

Oh,I thought the copy protection schemes allowed one copy,and encoded the
copy so that further copying would be blocked.
(of course professional decks can unlock that...)

maybe your friend can make an "exception" for you? B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik