Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default GE stops making its iconic bulb in the U.S.

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

" wrote in
:

That's why we bought one. SWMBO has a number of titles for which
there is no DVD.

I believe there are places that transfer tapes to DVDs.
you get a better life out of a DVD,I believe,because tape suffers from
print-thru,each play degrades it a little bit,it accumulates over time.
since this is for personal use,you don't have any copyright violations.

there are even VCR/DVD recorder/players,that can do the transfer.

For personal use, yes, I think you can do the transfer yourself if you
can get past the copy protection scheme. But as far as hiring a service
provider to do it, I don't think so. I have a friend who owns a video
transfer service, and he legally has to limit it to home movies.