Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default garage door spring

On Oct 3, 5:52*am, Karl Townsend
wrote:
Where do you buy odd ball garage door springs? I have a 9' by 8' door
that just broke. Its a torsion type spring.

Karl

Had that problem a year ago. Fortunately, we had a professional do the
job. One trip to determine what spring was needed, and another trip to
install it. Only one guy was here to install it. I was here for the
install and it turned out to be a two person job.

I had planned to do it all myself and while watching the professional,
learned my scheme would not have worked. Also, the previous owner had
built around the door opener and I had to cut out a bunch of wood the
get the shaft out.

My sincere advice would be to get a professional to do the job. Our
replacement cost just a little over $100. Money well spent. Also very
educational!

Paul