Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins Alan Braggins is offline

Default Wet and Dry Vac to clean gutters

In article , David123 wrote:
matthelliwell wrote:
Has anyone ever used a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to clean out their
gutters?

Yes, that's something I've done for several years. I fashioned a long
tube from some old waste pipe with a suitably sawn-off s-bend at the top
end, and a compression straight-on at the bottom to connect to my vacuum
cleaner. I needed to duct tape some bamboo canes to the outside of the
pipe to make it sufficiently stiff.

It's very effective, although I do get some strange looks from any
passing neighbours. I like to think they're looks of admiration...

I'm still trying to imagine how a gutter gets enough leaves in it that
normal rainflow doesn't clear them away, but not so many that a wet and
dry vac gets clogged so quickly that it's useless. But if it works for
you....