Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Multi-function tool victory

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

On 10/2/2010 1:00 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On 2010-10-02, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Amazing how fast companies jumped on the thing after the patent ran out.

Unfortunately, these small mfg companies don't have the $$$ power of
big conglomerates like the record and pharmaceutical companies which
can bribe slimey pols into changing laws so exclusivity laws extend to
near perpetuity. Last I heard, the copyright on a song was 75 yrs
...AFTER the author dies! Bet Fein wishes they had that kinda clout.

nb

I think a song copyright is a little different. It doesn't prevent
someone else from singing the song, does it?

If they are singing it for pay, it sure does, unless they have the
rights licensed. Sorta like playing recorded music in a bar. The
industry trade associations have systems in place for all that.

Hmm, I didn't know this. So a local band, playing a local club for a few
bucks, and covering all manner of stuff, who do they pay? How do they
pay? When do they pay? How much to they pay? How often do they say "to
hell with it" and don't pay?