Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default soot, ducts closed?

On Oct 2, 5:40*pm, wrote:
I have oil heat, and last year the furnace put out some soot, that got
on the tv screens and the wall near the air outputs.

This was true on the second floor, but I have all the ducts closed on
the first floor. *I've heard that it's bad to run with too many ducts
closed. *Do you think that could have caused my soot problem?

Thanks

Since you heard its bad to run with ducts closed why are you doing it,
not enough airflow can overheat and crack the exchanger, and you havnt
thought of calling a pro with all this crap comming out your ducts? Do
you have a Co meter, do you smell any oil. I say call a pro before you
mess things up more or kill yourself from possible Co poisoning.