Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Wet and Dry Vac to clean gutters

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 20:57:50 +0200, rbel wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:45:08 +0200, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

harry wrote:

The black plastic mesh is ok with big leaves but pine needls would
wash straight in. The mesh is a pain anyway, it has to be removed to
clean out gutters blocked with small stuff.

At an exhibition I did come across a stall where a guy was
selling open cell plastic foam for this purpose. He assured me it
had a 15 year guarantee. I asked him if he saw himself still
selling the stuff in 15 years' time.

I am about to install (next week) some hedgehog gutter stuff
http://www.hedgehoggutterbrush.com/ as an experiment in our most
vulnerable gutters. We have oak and beech on one side and pine on the
other so blocked gutters are a common occurrence - they need clearing
three times p.a.. As leaf fall is just starting I will know how effective
it is fairly soon.

It looks good. Please let us know how it does.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away