Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Oppie[_5_] Oppie[_5_] is offline

Default Stepper Motor Question

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
_Vague_ Stepper Motor Question:

What is the maximum rate one might expect to step from phase to phase?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Depends on the motor, inertial load, damping, type of drive...

I work mostly with size 17, 1.8 degree/full step motors. We designed our own
microstep drive and typically run at 30 rev/sec. A lot depends on ramp rate,
start/stop velocity and avoidance of any speed where resonance can become a
problem. Most 1.8 degree steppers experience the worst resonance at about 1
revolution/second.

What do you have in mind?

Oppie