Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE stops making its iconic bulb in the U.S.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 21:21:04 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

On 10/2/2010 8:57 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:05:38 -0700 (PDT), "gnu /
wrote:

On Oct 2, 7:49 am, wrote:
On 10/2/2010 7:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"A. wrote in message
news On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:10:41 -0400, willshak wrote:

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...an-light-bulb-
ge-stops-making-its-iconic-bulb-in/

I'm buying as many bulbs as I can. They will be worth millions some day.

I really doubt it. The CFLs keep getting better and they are cheaper to
operate. Keeping your head in the sand is your option though. How is
that 8088 computer working for you? DOS makes it so simple to use.

Hey! Watch your mouth! I still have one of those over in the corner,
there. (Really need to light it up some day, and see if the hard drive
still spins...)

--
aem sends...

I have a original IBM PC AND a VCR, will make someone a real deal if
they want 1 or both

I have an original ("first day order") PC with expansion unit (with a whopping
10MB disk drive) and a "new" VCR.

Hey, vcrs still have their place. Lotsa old movies for a quarter each at
garage sales. I think I still have 3 of them, but haven't lit them up in
at least a year.

That's why we bought one. SWMBO has a number of titles for which there is no
DVD.

Somewhere, I still have one of those back plates to convert a 5-slot
case from the original PC, into an 8? slot case so a modern motherboard
would fit in it.

Retro-PC look? ;-)