Posted to alt.home.repair
J J is offline

Default woodpecker damage

I had same problem and googled for solutions. There are sites that
sell devices that move in the wind and the flash scares them off.
I built some of the devices out of wire and some gold colored aluminum
flashing I got at Ace hardware. I put one about every ten feet around
the house and that stopped the woodpeckers from pecking holes in my
redwood siding. They can be built cheap and would be worth trying.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:55:40 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

any way to stop the damn woodpeckers from chewing up the wood siding?
doesnt seem to be any bug damage....