Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How to lay flagstone on new concrete patio?

On 10/2/2010 9:57 PM, millinghill wrote:
Hi,
I just finished pouring concrete for a small patio (4ftx7ft) this
evening.
How long should I wait until I lay flagstone onto it? A full 28days?
Also, what type of mortar glues the flagstone onto the concrete?
Thinset??
What about grouting between them?
Thanks for all responses!
Theodore

If you wanted a flagstone patio, why did you pour a slab? If it freezes
where you are, at some point water will get under them, freeze, and pop
them loose. Around here, flagstone patios are laid on a sand bed, with
the grout lines done with something that locks together, but still
passes water.

--
aem sends...