Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default shower handle set screw what the heck?

On 10/02/2010 07:11 PM, jeff_wisnia wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Been staying with a friend. Shower in kids' bathroom which I have been
using has no name handle for flow/temp control. It's loose. bothers
me. went to fix it. it's an allen head screw, between 2.5 and 3mm and
between 3/32" and 1/8" what gives? is there some special size used for
plumbing set screws? 3mm is the one that is closest to fitting, but it
is slightly too big. Could it be 7/64"? or is plumbing stuff now
generally metric?

nate

(who has too many tools already, and yet again, I find that to do
something incredibly simple, I either need to sacrifice a 3mm allen
wrench to the mod gods, or else buy yet *more* tools...)

Yes, 7/64" is a standard allen wrench size. Go get one.

http://www.cvfsupplycompany.com/alwr30pcalwr.html

Good Luck,

Jeff

well hell. All of my good tools are packed away, and the biggest set
that the local hardware store had (that I just bought to try, since the
only ones I had in my little toolkit in my car were metric) didn't have
that size.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.