Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Ideas for making a single top for a long series of Ikea bookcases

wrote in message
"temporary" desktop... six or seven years ago... that I've been
thinking of dressing up with a hardwood edge. One cheap trip to HD and
I could be using biscuits to attach it. Thanks.

For a number of years, I've used an invisable nailing kit for attaching trim
and face frames.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,230,41182

Alternatively, I've just hammered in a finishing nail, countersunk it and
then filled the hole with a wax filler stick fractionally darker than the
wood itself. It results in a hard to recognize attachment point and is about
as easy to use as it gets.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,190,42997

There's always alternative ways to attach things.