Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] g@risky-biz.com is offline

Default Ideas for making a single top for a long series of Ikea bookcases

On Oct 1, 11:37*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
My router is hand-held. No table. Round base. Low end, if you must

know. Ryobi. How would I go about lining up the slots on the mating
pieces? How precise do they have to be?
-----------------------
Piece of cake, simply set router to depth and lock it.

http://www.amazon.com/Homier-Profess...scuit-Jointer/...

Good luck.

....10 biscuits in a 13 foot span, getting them all to mate?

-------------------
See above.

Lew

Not to pester, but I meant lining them up laterally. I'd love to be
able to use biscuits without having to buy what for me would be a
seldom-used tool.

I haven't used a biscuit joiner, but I assume there's a straight
"fence" on it with a mark that marks the center of the biscuit. With a
round router base and a cutter that will be a good 2" behind the edge
of the base, how do you go about lining up the slots on the two mating
pieces?