Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Metal, keep it or scrap it

Hi, Ambivalent.. welcome to Metalworking Anonymous.

--
WB

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Have about 12 pieces of galvanized sheet metal duct (rectangular).
Most of it is 36 inch long sections about 24 inches across and 12
inches high. If I undid the seam and unfolded the metal I would end
up with 30" x 60" ± pieces. Do I keep them for unforeseen projects or
do I spend the gasoline to take them to the scrap yard.
I do own an English wheel and a 3-in-1 metal machine. Don't need a
bunch of little boxes but making them would elevate my skills. Also
plan on someday putting 'fins' on my 1995 el-cheepo Toyota Tercel.
One day I would like to build a side car for my vintage motorcycle.

Wife says toss it. I'm ambivalent. I do have the storage space, but,
at the same time, when it comes to making the side car I don't mind
spending a few dollars on the correct material instead of used
galvanized.

Please advise. What would you do?

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary