Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Multi-function tool victory

I posted earlier questioning how to cut cabinets cleanly for a dishwasher. As A
trial project, I took a 36" cabinet I had removed to install a slide in 30"
stove in place of a countertop burner and modified it into a 6" cabinet to fill
the gap next to the stove. Using the harbor freight multi-function tool with the
half round blade and a 2x2 as a guide, I easily cut the cabinet front without
any chips in the finish edge. Again, using the tool, I cut corners out of the
remaining front,bottom and back pieces to duplicate the notching of the
origional cabinet so I could glue and nail the removed side onto the remaining
cabinet. The tool doesn't cut fast, but it is easily controlled for accurate
cuts.

I am glad I bought that tool.