Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Metal, keep it or scrap it

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. on Fri, 01 Oct 2010
13:53:49 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

on Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:10:06 -0400 typed

Please advise. What would you do?

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Okay, made a decision. Talked to my HVAC person (neighbor) and he
informs me that he can get me a new 8 foot sheet of galvanized for $
20. Ergo, I will only keep an few pieces and scrap the rest.

Thanks for all the great ideas posted.

Ivan Vegvary

I find that it is not so much the money that you save, but if you have
the stuff on hand you save all the time of hunting a piece down when you
need one in a hurry.

And then there is the problem of knowing that you have a piece,
but can't find it. Or just as bad, not knowing that you have what you
need "on hand". To put it another way, if you don't know what you
have, or where it is, do you have "spare stuff" or just "junk"?

You need to make a coal shovel so you can clean out your shop more
often. ;-)

Excellent idea. I think I may have something which will work just
fine ...somewhere's around here.

Look under your bench. That's where all the good stuff hides,
because you'd never think to look there. ;-)

I have a set of 4 machine rollers somewhere but I have no idea where
they went to. They probably rolled off somewhere. I'm going to need
them next week so I got to start looking under benches.

John