Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Credit - Roton - Screw It

Jon Elson wrote:

I've been looking for some Panasonic FM series low ESR caps. Digikey
showed a 25 week leadtime. I don't need them next year.

Yeah, i just placed an order for a Hall-effect current sensor. I
usually run into a lead time on those, but got 25+ weeks from all the
distributors. Fortunately, there was an outfit that had a few and was
searchable on the Google.

This is the new way, and those of us in the US are going to have to
get used to it. Never design a board until the parts are in your hands,
never order more boards than you have parts for, etc. I have had many
commodity parts like voltage regulators become obsolete, now I am
pretty paranoid about second-sourcing of everything.

Jon

I did some Mil-Spec PC board design back in the '80s.

What you said about having parts in hand was carved in stone back then.

--

Richard Lamb