Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default What to do with sawdust?

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Jim K" wrote in message
On 1 Oct, 13:35, " wrote:

Anyone that keeps horses will welcome free sawdust.

if its clean.... what was used to cut the logs? if chainsaw then oil
contamination.....

Chainsaw oil is supposed to be edible and safe to breath in like airline
oil.
It gets sprayed about in the air so its not safe to use any old oil.

Jim K

Screwfix claims this chainsaw oil to be "biodegradable" but the COSHH sheet
shows the base to be a relatively conventional mineral oil

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/pdfs/03/p82703.pdf

That said, I was also going to suggest looking for a horse owner as long as
it's not too fine (we get through a bale a week of wood chip). I can't
believe the oil content would be any hazard.