Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default more garage door questions

On Sep 30, 8:44*pm, Uno wrote:
Hello, a.h.r.

I'd like to use you again as a sounding board for my current projects.
I'm refinishing a garage door that has seen a lot of weathering.

q1) *The thing squeaks like a son of gun. *Would a person best spray
with wd or apply machine oil right on the knuckle?

One can represent the panels as a 4 x 5 matrix. *The top panel or row
doesn't come out flush on the top. *There's no adjusting the height of
track for the rollers without basically redo-ing the whole thing. (Not
happening.)

q2) *Should I maybe take off some from the bottom panel to make the
overall height of the door shorter?

q3) *I have to make a dutchman in a couple places where rail meets stile
and the wood has been weathered away. *So I'm gonna need a router bit to
match the stiles in this very common look for garage doors. *Is there a
well-known shape for such router bits, like roman ogee?

Thanks for your comment,
and cheers,

Uno

Have you priced garage doors lately? IMO, your project seems like a
tremendous effort for a small result. The structure has obviously
settled, and may continue to do so. For that reason, it makes sense to
start over with something that cold last more than a year or two.

Joe