Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default FOLLOW UP engine repair

On Sep 30, 9:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

What I found: The bolt for the float bowl has passages. My summation
was the bolt siphoned fuel from each side and up *(from the bowl
bottom) *through the center of the bolt. *The center vertical passage
was clogged with some goo. Using a SS wire, plucked from a wire brush
I cleared the center (vertical) passage. Put the bowl and bolt back
on.

One choke and two pulls, she fired up.

Spraying a carb with cleaner ( even as you did) is mostly useless. A
carb has to be COMPLETELY dis-assembled and all passages must be free
of debris.

I have a guitar string ( High E, smallest one) in my tool box for such
things. They are long and sturdy. They fit the smallest of jets. If
you know someone who plays guitar, get one from them when they break
one or replace their strings, which they do both often.

Hank