Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Leaky 2x4

On 9/30/2010 11:52 PM, wrote:
I have a 2x4 leaking inside my bedroom wall at home. I took off the
paneling and I can see a tiny nail hole where the water is coming
from. It's right in the middle of the 2x4, about 3 feet from the
floor, and it's shooting out from the wall about 6 feet in a tiny
stream. It looks like a guy ****ing. The water is cold, so I guess
this must be a cold water 2x4. It fills a 5 gallon pail about every
45 minutes day and night, and has been doing this for several weeks.
No one can get any sleep because we have to keep dumping the pail. I
checked and there are no pipes or wires in the wall. It's just that
2x4, so I am guessing that this 2x4 is used to supply water to the
house.

I tried to put a nail in the hole but it pops right back out from the
pressure. How do I fix this?

use a screw with some silicon around the threads.

--
Steve Barker