Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal, keep it or scrap it

CaveLamb wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Denis G." wrote:
Home Depot charges around $19 for a 24" x 36" 26 ga piece of sheet
metal. At one time I had a good stock of sheet metal, but I had to
scrap most of it when I moved out of state.

I guess it really depends upon how good your sources for materials are
and how often you need stuff like this. I like making things, but it
pains me to pay HD prices when I know I can get things nearly for free.

I cut up old computer cases for a lot of sheet metal. Old steel
shelving is good, too.

I made the mild sheet steel parts for a Cub - from a clothes dryer.
Good steel there.

I have an old electric stove to scrap. I'll stick what I can use in
one of the old horse stalls behind the garage/shop.

enough left over to pay them.