Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default Metal, keep it or scrap it

On Sep 30, 10:02*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
"Denis G." wrote:

Home Depot charges around $19 for a 24" x 36" 26 ga piece of sheet
metal. * At one time I had a good stock of sheet metal, but I had to
scrap most of it when I moved out of state.

I guess it really depends upon how good your sources for materials are
and how often you need stuff like this. *I like making things, but it
pains me to pay HD prices when I know I can get things nearly for free.

* *I cut up old computer cases for a lot of sheet metal. *Old steel
shelving is good, too.

enough left over to pay them.

Yep, those have a decent gauge. If I could get my hands on enough of
those I'd make some metal bins that fit better on 18" deep metal
shelves that I have and I could rearrange my nut/bolt/screw
collections.