Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bay Man Bay Man is offline

Default Main equipotential bonding

On Oct 1, 11:05*am, "BruceB" wrote:
"Bay Man" wrote in message

On Oct 1, 10:53 am, "BruceB" wrote:
"Bay Man" wrote in message

My supply has the earth supply clamped from the around the outer
sheath of the main cable from the street. *What is that? *TN-S?

Yes. *And the Ze figure should be 0.8 ohms
Regards
Bruce

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance, what is Ze?

Ze - External earth loop impedance.
If you do not know about Ze or have the equipment to measure it do not
worry. *Do not try to measure with a standard multimeter!
I mentioned it because it is of course possible that although connected in
your house, there has at some time in the past been a repair in the street
that has changed the cable type so that in reality your earth is connected
to nothing much.
Regards
Bruce

Bruce, thanks. Are you saying there is no earthing? I assumed the
earth was the metal sheath around the L&N coming in from the street.

You me worried.