Posted to uk.d-i-y
BruceB[_3_] BruceB[_3_] is offline

Default Main equipotential bonding

"Bay Man" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 10:53 am, "BruceB" wrote:
"Bay Man" wrote in message

My supply has the earth supply clamped from the around the outer
sheath of the main cable from the street. What is that? TN-S?

Yes. And the Ze figure should be 0.8 ohms
Regards
Bruce

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance, what is Ze?

Ze - External earth loop impedance.
If you do not know about Ze or have the equipment to measure it do not
worry. Do not try to measure with a standard multimeter!
I mentioned it because it is of course possible that although connected in
your house, there has at some time in the past been a repair in the street
that has changed the cable type so that in reality your earth is connected
to nothing much.
Regards
Bruce