Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default For those that asked.. 1st pecan piece - pecan bowl.jpg (0/1)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:15:39 -0400, Casper wrote:

Came out really nice Mac. I've never tried it personally and from the
sounds of it I won't be anytime soon. LOL. Actually hard to find
around here. We're mostly inundated with walnut. So have you figured
out what to make out of that 100 pounds yet?
`Casper

Whatever it cuts into, Casper..
Both slabs have major cracks, so no large bowls as I had hoped.. I really
wanted to get a 16-18" bowl or platter out of it..

It will probably break up into a few vases, pens, small boxes, platters, etc...

mac

Sounds like you'll get quite a few things out of that 100 pounds. Not
a bad deal. Wish I had room to store that kind of wood. Unfortunately
where I live we're a bit restricted and I had to curb what I had
already begun to store. Probably a good thing anyway because a good
portion of the 150 year old pear I had gotten was starting to rot. I
gave some away and a club member who turned them into nice bowls, tea
lights and lamps. He filled the rotted areas with ground turquoise.
Not my first choice but they look pretty good. They're going into our
club's show raffle next month. Hopefully from there to good homes.

Anyway, keep up the great work Mac. Really enjoy your stuff.

`Casper

Thanks for the kind words!
These are pretty easy to store.. just 2 slabs, one about 6" thick, the other
about 8 or 9" thick..

Most of my stock is ironwood in trunk and root form, so that stays outside.. not
much is going to hurt it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing