Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Worth buying a CHEAP plywood blade for circ. saw?

" wrote in news:43c3df9e-21e5-4f8b-
:

*snip*
Will a guy like me gain a noticeable improvement with a cheap 80 or
100 or 140 or (jeez) 200 tooth blade, as compared with the 40 tooth I
have now? If I get too high a "tooth count", might I just as well use
a torch for all the burning I'll do??

I bought a cheap ($4) plywood blade for a circular saw once. It came off
the saw the same day it went on, and never got reinstalled. I got better
cuts with a standard Irwin Marathon blade. (They're less than $10 each
as well, so it's worth buying one to try.)

Puckdropper