Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Fein Vacuums: Auot-Start Load?

"Doug White" wrote in message
. ..
I should be getting a Fein Turbo II this weekend. I've been thinking about
how I will use it, and for most jobs, I won't want to use the auto-start
feature. I assume the load runs off the same cord as the vacuum, and I
have my shop wired specifically so my vacuum runs off a different breaker
from my machines.

It would still be nice to be able to turn the vacuum on & off remotely.
have another vacuum that I run with a foot pedal switch like this:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5465

It occured to me that I might be able to rig a custom remote that uses the
auto-start feature. For example, if it is sensitive enough, I could use a
switch connected to a small load resistor or a night-light bulb. I've got
plenty of wire & even a nice "pendant" switch that I could use. However,
don't want to have to run an extra 100 W light bulb. Does anyone have any
idea what the minimum load requirment is to activate the auto-start?

Thanks!

Doug White

If the Fein works like the Festool, my 14W floresent lamp will not trigger
the auto on. My Makita 12v charger will trigger it to turn on if there is a
battery being charged, otherwise no.

IF you are concerned about blowing a breaker with both a tool and the vac
coming on at the same time, the Festool has a delay to start a couple of
seconds after the tool is turned on.