Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Stamp Colin Stamp is offline

Default Maplin "50W HiFi" amplifier module instructions.

Removing the fuse will not affect the output impedance whatsoever.

That is a function of the feedback in the amp, and is likely to be well
below the resistance of the RF stabilising choke and the loudspeaker
cables themselves.

The fuse is outside the feedback loop on this design but of course
shorting it out was indeed fairly futile. My defence is that I was
young. It isn't the silliest thing about the amp anyway. I had to use a
blow-torch to solder the power supply and speaker cables.

Cheers,

Colin.